Over 36 million Kenyans have so far registered for the Huduma Namba
Government Spokesman, Colonel Cyrus Oguna has reiterated that there will be no further extension to the exercise which ends on Saturday May 25.
He however noted that registration will continue at the assistant chiefs offices across the country so that so that nobody is left behind.
The spokesman who was speaking on Thursday during a press briefing at the Media Centre at Teleposta towers noted that the decision will give room for the “cleaning exercise’ on gaps in the data of those who will have not registered properly and may be called upon to do so afresh.
“For those whose data will be required to be repeated, they will be communicated to go and register afresh at their respective local assistant chief’s office,” said
Oguna further urged the public to take advantage of the remaining days to register for the NIIMS number and avoid the hustle of queuing for long periods at the assistant chief’s office due to other engagements.
He said for Kenyans in the diaspora, the Huduma Namba mass registration will continue until June 20 as earlier announced.
A statement by President Uhuru Kenyatta last week on Friday said 42,000 ‘young’ Kenyans are working as Registration Assistants, another 8,000 as registration Officers and 400 as ICT officers in all sub counties.